Thursday, April 3, 2008

Senior Sanity and babies

At the wind down of every semester that I've been a student at the AAC everyone starts to get a little batty. It's expected, accepted and pretty amusing. I'm recalling a late night in the computer lab not too long ago, listening to howls and screams coming from all floors near the atrium of students releasing their frustrations - and laughing. It was hillarious. Ofcourse being the "mature" student I politely explained in a very tongue and cheek way that, "some of us are actually trying to work here".

I am really proud of our senior class. I think that most of the work I've seen in preparation for thesis shows has been impressive. I am so excited about our upcoming show, Reconnecting: A reflection! Once the show is over, I plan on making new work about my pregnancy. The last doctor's appointment was unbelievable. Haz and I watched with amazement during our first ultrasound as a tiny body inside of me squirmed and yawned. The joy is unspeakable. I am attracted to the generational procession of mothers throughout the history of humanity. This life-giving ability that is passed from one woman to another. I feel honored to be so intimately connected with every woman who's ever carried a child.

1 comment:

Gary said...

We saw our son's baby ultrasound. It was amazing. It's easy to become jaded in this world, but something about that experience does ground you and connect you. I hope this experience is easy and healthy. You learn alot about yourself through this lifelong commitment.

Good luck